We're ACT Research, a commercial vehicle (big trucks and trailers) and transporting (trucking) data and analysis firm (that means we provide insights and information to help companies plan more effectively). We're growing fast and need a business development rock-star to help us grow faster! Is that you?
What's it like working at ACT Research?
1) Good people - No, really! The staff is a collection of smart, industry-thought leaders and people working behind the scenes to make it all happen.
2) Autonomy - We're a small company, so we give people the resources to be successful and the independence to execute. Don't expect micromanagers, but do expect support, coaching, and a good team by your side.
3) Industry Leader - Our customers often tell us how valuable we are to their businesses; we're seen as that credible but independent third party...plus we have a record of accuracy that's pretty great.
What are we looking for in a BDR?
1) Someone who's self-motivated and wants to grow, and likes to help solve problems.
2) History in sales/business development in logistics/freight markets with a carrier or broker.
3) Someone who likes to challenge and wants to help develop the path to success for our company.
If this sounds like you, then let's have a conversation.
In short, we're looking for someone with business development/sales experience with a broker or carrier. Ideally, this person has 2+ years of experience and understands and can communicate with prospects about the market dynamics and how we can make their jobs easier with our forecasts.
We’re a Team of Economists, Analysts, and Researchers Committed to Providing High-Quality Data and Information to our Clients. With over 250 years of combined industry experience, ACT Research is the leader in market data, industry analysis, and forecasting for the commercial vehicle and transportation markets. ACT Research is the leading publisher of commercial vehicle (CV) and transportation industry data, market analysis, and forecasting services for the North American market. The ACT Research staff is committed to data quality & integrity, in-depth analysis, and timeliness. Our forecasting work is recognized as the industry standard.
Founded in 1986 with the goal of improving and expanding North American commercial vehicle analysis to promote a better understanding of the transportation industry, ACT Research is highly regarded as the “go-to” firm for market data and analysis. By working directly with commercial vehicle manufacturers, ACT Research collects and confidentially shares timely market and performance data that comprehensively looks at the industry’s past and present performance, with an in-depth analysis of future expectations. Our analytical services are used by ...all major North American truck and trailer manufacturers and their suppliers, as well as fleets, brokers, shippers, new market entrants, infrastructure suppliers, banking, and investment companies.
Our staff includes commercial vehicle and transportation experts and award-winning economists. Additionally, we’ve developed strategic alliances with experts like DAT Freight & Analytics and Cass Information Systems that increase our ability to provide value-added services to our clients.