Surge Transportation is a transportation brokerage, focusing on over the road trucking. Office located in Orange Park, FL, and Chicago, IL.
Surge Transportation is seeking candidates to fill the following different position types:
- Track and Trace: track drivers to provide on-time service to customers. Use predictive data to help dispatch team recover loads when needed.
- Load Planning: make and reschedule delivery and pick up appointments at many sites, manually build loads when needed, maintain a schedule of rates with customers.
- Carrier Sales: managing relationships with carriers, dispatching loads, recovering loads, customer service
Surge Transportation is seeking candidates to fulfill the following duties:
- Negotiate rates with carriers to accept and recover loads picking up and delivering all over the nation
- Manage load postings on various online load boards
- Provide customer service to both customers and carriers
- Track drivers to provide on-time service to customers
- Use predictive data to help dispatch team recover loads when needed.
- Call in claims if products returned
- Make and reschedule delivery and pick up appointments at many sites via, phone, email and/or EDI
- Manually build loads when needed
- Maintain a schedule of rates with customers.
- Reschedule appointments as needed
Pay at $24 per hour. Benefits include health, dental, life, 401k. Opportunities for overtime and commission.
Looking for candidates with:
- Experience in logistics/transportation
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Ability and willingness to give and receive honest feedback from both peers and supervisors
- Demonstrated competence and character that inspires trust
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and maintain focus and productivity under pressure
- The ability to multi-task (each work station has 4 monitors)
- High attention to detail
- Desire to surround customer with excellence in service
- Ease of use with technology (Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Office, TMS)
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Associate or Bachelor Degree, preferred
Additional Salary Information: guaranteed 40 hour week with the opportunity for overtime
About Surge Transportation
Surge Transportation is a third-party logistics provider that focuses on domestic freight transportation services. Surge Transportation is a critical part of the supply chain for shippers who have to deal with fluctuations in demand and shipping needs. The company aims to provide best in class service characterized by quick response times and intuitive solutions to crises, requiring an experienced and well trained operations team.