Surge Transportation is a transportation brokerage, focusing on over the road trucking. Office located in Orange Park, Jacksonville, FL but interns can work remotely. Most Supply Chain graduates establish careers on the shipper side of transportation. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the service side of transportation and further qualification and experience to move to the shipper side. You will work with different Transportation Management Systems (TMS), visibility platforms, EDI, pricing tools, load boards, work with customer service teams from large Fortune 1000 shippers.
Surge Transportation is seeking candidates for an operations internship that focuses on the following:
- Track and Trace: track drivers to provide on-time service to customers. Use predictive data to help dispatch team recover loads when needed. Use multiple visibility (tracking) platforms both online and integrated with TMS.
- Capacity Planning: make and reschedule delivery and pick up appointments at many sites, manually build loads when needed, maintain a schedule of rates with customers, manage minimum and maximum transit times.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to accept and recover loads picking up and delivering all over the nation
- Manage load postings on various online load boards
- Provide customer service to both customers and carriers
- Track drivers to provide on-time service to customers - Use visibility platforms to help dispatch team recover loads when needed
- Report claims if products returned or damaged
- Make and reschedule delivery and pick up appointments at many sites via, phone, email and/or EDI
- Maintain a schedule of rates with customers.
- Schedule/Reschedule appointments as needed
- Comfort working in a team environment
- Able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Ability and willingness to give and receive honest feedback from both peers and supervisors
- Demonstrated competence and character that inspires trust
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and maintain focus and productivity under pressure
- The ability to multi-task
- High attention to detail
- Desire to surround customer with excellence in service
- Ease of use with technology (Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Office, TMS)
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
Additional Salary Information: This is a paid internship based on experience and availablity.
About Surge Transportation
Surge Transportation is a third-party logistics provider that focuses on domestic freight transportation services. Surge Transportation is a critical part of the supply chain for shippers who have to deal with fluctuations in demand and shipping needs. The company aims to provide best in class service characterized by quick response times and intuitive solutions to crises, requiring an experienced and well trained operations team.