Manager, Contract Manufacturing
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager of Contract Manufacturing is a seasoned, strategic contract manufacturing leader capable of delivering a long-term strategic roadmap for Pharmavite. This strategy needs to be designed to support our current business and our evolving enterprise-wide business strategies. The Manager of Contract Manufacturing will lead the transformation of our co-manufacturing network and team and will direct all aspects of contract manufacturing including key relationships with strategic suppliers. This role reports to the Divisional Vice President of Strategic Sourcing and manages a team of two Category Managers.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Provides a consistent and sustainable approach to the selection of contract manufactures and contracts packers, the start-up of new products and the maintenance of ongoing Contract Manufacturer and Contract Packer relationships.
- Creates a performance vision and develops strategies for Contract Manufacturers that reflect business tactical and strategic needs.
- Assesses supplier performance and proactively ensures quality, service, and cost objectives are achieved through coaching and influence management.
- Participates and at times leads cross functional teams including Operations, Finance, International Sales, Quality and other organizations in the delivery of results, especially new products.
- Works closely with our Finance team in the development of standard costs, ongoing purchase price variance measurement, future cost savings activities, and new product pricing.
- Responsible for developing and executing complex negotiations strategy independently by leveraging business acumen, creativity and negotiation skills.
- Performs market analyses, leverages benchmarks (internal/external), utilizes a supplier segmentation model, and understands trends in technology and should cost modeling.
- Acts as the face of our contract manufacturing network to our business and brings solid innovation, cost savings, and simplification ideas forward