Sr. Commodity Analyst
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Commodity Analyst leads development and day-to-day delivery of market analytics for the Resource Center which is part of the Strategic Sourcing organization. Looks to generate insight from rich sources of data and applies statistical methods to diagnose current situation and simulate future scenarios in the areas of Supply Markets, Materials, Packaging, Logistics, Planning, Procurement, and Manufacturing. Applies knowledge of business and analytical methods to uncover supply chain productivity and sourcing risks and opportunities. Works with functional stakeholders to develop actionable plans to explore and mitigate risk or leverage such opportunities. Develops reports, KPIs, and/or Dashboards to report and track value realization. Identifies opportunities to optimize and automate delivery of Analytics / KPIs / Dashboards / Reports. The Sr. Commodity Analyst reports to the Manager of Business Analytics.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Gather, analyze, and develop market intel data on materials, packaging, freight, or other categories to perform trend, statistical, and or correlation analysis to provide strategic guidance to Sourcing that enable data driven decisions.
- Perform research and analysis on peers/competitors: market presence, product offerings, sourcing/manufacturing capabilities, sales strategies and relevant dynamics. Gain a deep understanding of key competitors and generate insights.
- Perform research and analysis on best practices, benchmarks, white papers, and others to develop strategies for implementation where value can be leveraged.
- Keeps up to date with knowledge of current trends and developments that may be business relevant by reading journals, articles, news, blogs, papers, and other sources of information and transforms into resources for Sourcing team.
- Continually explore and research opportunities to improve processes and the ongoing development of analytical tools and models, ad-hoc reports, dashboards and analysis.
The ideal candidate is well read and has the ability to concisely articulate key points or insights verbally and in writing. Is a self-starter and results driven. Is analytical and pays attention to detail and deadlines. Drives thought leadership and able to make unbiased recommendations based on facts and data.