A Penske Logistics Customer Service Associate monitors delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to customer locations. Manage time sensitive information and transactions in order to ensure on-time delivery by tracking shipments for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
This position will be 2nd shift, Monday through Friday, 12pm to 8pm. Flexibility with scheduling is required.
- Use TMS system to enter & process customer orders
- Work closely with common carriers to ensure on-time deliveries by checking shipment status daily and maintaining transportation relationships.
- Communicate with associates from other shifts
- Complete daily logs and checklists
- Work with customer to resolve any transportation issues
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 1 year of customer service experience required
- Bachelor's Degree or some college preferred / High school diploma or equivalent necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast paced environment
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
- Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned transportation systems & applications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work First, Second and Third Shift as needed. Flexibility with scheduling required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Kachel Boulevard Reading, PA
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1705048