The General Manager creates and is responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic facility objectives as well as directly/indirectly manages the tactical execution through the leadership team. Develop, achieve and maintain goals and objectives which support company initiatives. Hire, manage and motivate assigned staff in the Distribution Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, lead and drive all aspects of the distribution center including both people and processes.
- Manage several hundred employees, an assistant manager, and multiple supervisors.
- Monitor the receiving, storing and shipping of product/inventory from the distribution center, to ensure they are delivered in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor expenses to ensure costs are in line with company guidance.
- Initiate, review and monitor vendor contracts for matters within the distribution center.
- Continually improve the team’s organizational effectiveness.
- Allocate and manage resources according to changing needs and demands.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of operations.
- Works closely with leadership team and employees to improve work relationships and the employee experience, along with increase productivity and employee retention.
- Partners with Human Resources to interview and hire new employees, along with ensure proper environment for employees is in place.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Identify leadership teams’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Establish work schedules, ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that tasks are assigned effectively, and completed properly by delegating responsibilities and holding individuals accountable for performance expectations.
- Analyze business and performance trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Recruit, train and develop leaders and associates and recognize individual and team successes
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Must have extensive management experience and a proven track record of strong employee relations at all levels.
- Responsive to employee needs, including professionalism, respect and consideration of others.
- Manages difficult employee situations in a professional manner.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions, keeping commitments and asking for and offering help when needed.
- Demonstrated consulting skills.
- Demonstrated business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Be self directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate building needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Distribution/Warehouse experience within the apparel industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to build strong, positive rapport with associates in a team environment; ability to lead through personal example that communicates integrity, SanMar’s family values, and consistency in decision-making.
- Ability to implement site standards and best practices to include policies, procedures and workflow development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately noisy. Employee must be able to handle strenuous customer deadlines and be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels. Hours per week are 45 +.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar provides opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
SanMar participates in E-Verify.