Penske Logistics is looking for a Load Planner to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills, strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a customer-centric environment.
Load Planners coordinates all processes and functions of load planning and freight movement. Load Planners will process customer orders, plan & optimize shipments into loads using Transportation Manager System, tender freight to third-party carriers, update Transportation Manager System with current shipment information and respond to internal & external customer inquiries. The candidate will communicate effectively with internal and external customers, both written and verbal. Load Planners will also provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have the ability to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment
- Providing detailed instruction to various personnel via email and phone
- Scheduling loads and providing excellent customer service
- Complying with instructions to ensure accuracy
- Communicating with associates from other shifts
- Completing daily logs and trackers
- Ability to handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Identifying cost savings opportunities for the customer
- High sense of urgency tracking shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Transportation/Supply Chain preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize in-time sensitive situations in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer systems across different platforms
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, criminal history, and drug screening) required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 15301 Mercantile Drive Dearborn, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Dearborn
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1607249