Penske Logistics is looking for a Lead Load Planner to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills, strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a customer-centric environment. This position coordinates all processes and functions of load planning and freight movement.
- Support supervisor on process management activities and customer communication
- Indirect team management responsibilities delegated by Supervisor or Account manager
- Shift management responsibilities for a single customer or across customer
- Requires travelling to be on Penske or customer on-site locations
- Run metrics and measures to manage process controls
- Train the team on load planning activities and update SOP periodically
- Plan and optimize shipments into loads using Penske's Transportation Management System
-Tender freight requirements to 3rd Party Carriers
- Maintain Transportation Management systems
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries
- Act as first/second level escalation for customer inquiries
- Works with Operations Managers to ensure customer expectations are met
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Stay current on the customer's industry
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred (Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics in lieu of industry experience is preferred)
- Experience in Logistics Services including warehouse, distribution, or supply chain management is preferred
- Transportation Management experience preferred
- Previous Load Planning experience preferred
- Candidate should possess problem solving skills and ability to communicate solutions.
- Ability to work with team and support team needs
- Ability to prioritize customer and business needs and drive customer delight
- Excellent communication, organizational & PC skills (including Microsoft Office products).
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Sense of urgency & ability to understand customer requirements
-Ability to work First, Second and Third Shift as needed. Flexibility with scheduling required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, criminal history, and drug screening)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an equal opportunity employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Work Locations: 14855 FAA Blvd Fort Worth, TX
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1701911