Monitor part inventory levels and delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to customer locations. Manage time sensitive information and transactions in order to ensure data accuracy in the customer's and/or Penske's inventory systems. Respond to customers' requests, problems, and special needs, which can extend to a global customer base.
Job requirements may include:
- Audit of picker activity/accuracy, warehouse reports, maintain of files, customer service interaction, resolution of pallet staging/tracking. Maintenance and distribution of order sheets, daily interface with pickers, assist with picker coverage of vacation and overflow freight
- Various office and administrative duties, which may include handling shipping documents, office supplies, maintaining database and miscellaneous reporting
- Assist operations with passing out orders to be picked and document time out/in, picker's name and piece count for daily activity log.
- Liaison for internal customer support
- Data entry and record processing in variety of WMS and MRP systems.
- Provides direction when discrepancies are found
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards (as applicable)
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments
- Communicate with associates from other shifts
- Complete daily logs
- Work with customer to resolve stock shortages
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met.
- Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 1 year of warehousing/material-handling experience required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent necessary
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, team player, flexibility required, verbal & written communication skills, excellent with numbers and time management, strong problem solving skills required
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
- Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned Warehouse Management System (WMS) and or MRP systems.
- Ability to work in warehouse non-climate controlled conditions required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location
- Shift may vary based on customer operations
- Complete Penske employment application and submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 350 Hazelhurst Rd. Mississauga, ON L5J 2Z6
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1701501