Provide operational leadership to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities are operated in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. This position is responsible for all operational activities including deliveries, order entry, load planning, load monitoring, cross docking and customer service operations.
- Act as first level escalation for customer inquires
- Assist in new customer implementations
- Prioritize time sensitive situations
- Ensuring customer's KPI's are hit on a daily and weekly basis
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Analyze process data and work on continuous improvements
- Identifying cost savings opportunities for the customer
-Manage customer's transportation performance by using daily dashboard metrics to achieve required performance
-Daily management of the transportation process to ensure a 98% on time delivery
-Work with carrier base on a daily basis to ensure performance objectives are met
-Use Penske Reporting systems to manage carriers accordingly
-Corrective Action Request (CAR) process for corrective and preventative actions with all transportation moves. Implement the (P.I.P process) Performance Improvement Process to help resolve any continued carrier related failures.
-Work with the plant, on equipment requirements for each appropriate lane.
-Conduct periodic trailer audits on inbound lanes including crossdock, linehauls and repetitive TL direct lanes
-Manage plant's transportation spend to meet plan and drive total cost productivity goals
-Understand plant freight spend budget/spend for non-managed transportation
-Root cause daily issues (late deliveries, missing freight, carrier caused expedites or downtime, etc.), take immediate actions to resolve the issue, and coordinate permanent solutions between the Plant, carriers, and the Load Control Center
-On-site logistic expert liaison to develop and manage the relationship with the customer's associates at the plant.
-Work with the Load Control Center (LCC) to develop corrective actions to any issues created by the customer, carrier or a supplier.
-Work with specific customer associates along with Penske Logistics associates to establish and maintain customer satisfaction, spend, and cost reduction.
-Manage the communication network between LCC and Plant
-Communicate across shifts on any critical issues, including both Plant / LCC teams for maximum visibility.
-Facilitate weekly planning meetings with the Material Buyers/Planners/Analysts as needed
-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-3 - 5 years related functional experience
-Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred
- JDA Transportation Management System experience preferred
- Experience with P L management and transportation cost reduction improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills to identify cost savings and financial improvements
- Keen sense of urgency towards meeting the customer's requirements and achieving key metrics/objectives
- Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 1651 ENTERPRISE ST Athens, TX
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Athens
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1611527