This position will act as the main point of contact for Driving Associates and fleet activities, including but not limited to assigning and monitoring driver schedules, and ensuring the ongoing safe operation and utilization of equipment to support customer requirements.
This position is 2nd shift: 1PM-10PM or 3PM-12AM.
- Schedules and assigns carriers and equipment to ensure timely, complete and accurate performance against customer requirements
- Administers and supports emergency "on the road" maintenance to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Procures and monitors Driving Team Members' equipment use and requirements
- Acts as the point of contact for Fleet activities, documenting and reporting on equipment status, including data collection in support of KPI reporting
- Identifies and escalates process exceptions required to meet customer requirements
- Ensures cross-shift communication
- Recommends corrective action measures to address process and/or team member performance gaps in relation to safety and - compliance policies and practices
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous experience in a Fleet / Dispatch role is required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Works well with limited supervision. Exercises strong time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 4000 Tulip Tree Dr Princeton, IN
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Princeton
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1700289