- Are you an energetic and team oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
- Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
- Do you have a proven ability to recruit, train, develop, communicate with and retain team members?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
- Do you have a proven ability to effectively manage financial resources?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership for a large dedicated operation of 100 drivers and supervising personnel in a 24/7 operating environment for a very high profile Food Retailer in Swedesboro, NJ.
Third Shift position - rotating 4 days on, 4 days off to start, and moving into a 5 days on, and 2 days off schedule.
This Operations Supervisor provides direction at a single location, leading staff of CDL A Drivers to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
People. Lead the Penske Logistics Team:
- Ensure that all associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with the customer and supporting organizations.
Operations. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to achieve operational excellence.
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives.
- Interact daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer.
- Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and Penske.
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhaul, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- Lead effort improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency.
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
Finance. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to meet or exceed Business Plan.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan.
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
- Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L and make required adjustments in timely manner.
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
Safety. Proactively lead the Penske Logistics Team to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Personally lead team safety program by example.
- Develop, execute and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency.
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place.
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-2 - 4 years related functional experience
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelors Degree preferred
*-* Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
-Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Eagle Court Bridgeport, NJ
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Bridgeport
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1606469