Penske Logistics Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Human Resources Representative with solid Generalist experience who will be responsible for performing professional human resources work within a Federally Regulated work environment, with emphasis in the areas of policies and procedures, legal/regulatory risk management, employee relations, career management, non-occupational disability management, staffing, training and development. This position will work closely with our operations management in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged, with strong talent benches to ensure sustained business success.
This position will be based in Woodstock, ON and may support operations in Ingersoll, Windsor, Cambridge, Milton, Oakville, and Mississauga. This role will report to the Area Human Resources Manager.
Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of human resource generalist experience.
- Advises associates and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with the HR Manager and Director of Human Resources as appropriate to resolve.
- In consultation with field and corporate staff, delivers functional training for the salaried and hourly workforce to support various business initiatives.
- Evaluates human resources practices and processes and recommends appropriate revisions based on best practice research. Upon approval, works with HR team to implement revised process.
- In conjunction with HR team, develops relevant HR metrics, examines and identifies key trends in data and provides recommendations based on data.
- Provides counsel in supporting issue prevention, detection and resolution of employee relations matters.
- Provides counsel and support for progressive discipline and termination decisions and corresponding activities.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Area Vice President, Director of Human Resources, and HR Manager, Canada such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short term projects, etc.
- Provides staffing support by executing recruiting efforts, screening candidates, selection of candidates, preparing compensation recommendations, and coordinating the onboarding process.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor