Warehouse Operations Supervisor - Winchester, KY.
Responsible for the direction of hourly associates in the proper receiving, storage and shipping of products in compliance with SAVE-A-LOT policies/procedures and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to directing employees to maintain proper sanitation, safety conditions and compliance with policies and defined methods. Ensure proper orientation and training for hourly associates. Observe employee activities providing feedback on work methods, work quality, productivity and attitude. Appropriately handle employee questions, concerns and follow-up on issues. Actively develop and promote open lines of communication to maintain and develop positive employee relations. Encourage employee involvement in the business and appropriately recognize employees for their accomplishments and ideas. Complete necessary documentation requested for tracking attendance, productivity, behavior and safety incidents.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Communicate daily with assigned shift employees regarding shift expectations, performance results, safety issues, job assignments, etc. Observe behavior and provide feedback to individuals on their work methods, productivity, safe work habits and overall performance. Actively participate in the communication of general company information. Listen to and follow up on employee questions, requests and complaints with the expressed intent of maintaining a positive work environment.
• Ensure all order production procedures and pay-for-performance policies are fairly and consistently maintained. Post and communicate individual and shift production information to convey employee performance in comparison to minimum requirements and incentive based pay levels. Encourage successful completion of work towards productivity goals and individual incentive achievement.
• Monitor and enforce consistent application of all company rules, procedures and policies, specifically including safety and sanitation. Provide clear and comprehensive orientation, training and communication to new associates.
• Responsible for directing hourly associates in the proper receiving, storage, shipping, tracking, and adjustments of products in order to meet customer needs, protect company assets and comply with all regulatory requirements. This includes taking steps to minimize damage, insuring product is accurately received in accordance with quality standards and procedures, inspecting outbound production methods and finished shipments, maintaining proper storage conditions and communicating any requirements to all associates.
• Maintain required documentation and files in compliance with all company guidelines and procedures for attendance, productivity, safety and sanitation. Perform necessary paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Ensure that office areas are neat, orderly and secure.