Facilitates material supply function to ensure all purchases optimize value and quality received while maintaining optimal inventory levels to minimize cars holding for materials.
· Monitors and ensures material supply activity is properly documented, files maintained, and accurate preparation of material forecasts. Trains lower level coordinators purchasing principles. Completes special projects as assigned.
· Interacts with internal and external customers to resolve service concerns, monitor and promotes SECO process, monitors the supply of new/reconditioned components and adherence by suppliers to material lead-times and due dates to preclude outages at assigned locations. Presents for management action surplus materials to promote action towards reducing excess material. Promotes EDI or other applications of e-commerce to encourage paperless transactions where beneficial to internal and external customers. Places into Company inventory reclaimable material. Resolves quantity differences between Company records and reconditioners. Process failed material to conclusion. Process approved new car material sales orders and requisitions. Identifies discrepancies of material, reclaimable material, and scrap quantities; makes adjustments once verified and prepares reports. Review and addresses blocked invoices and back-order reports. Generates and distributes reports and schedules.
· Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects. Has moderate latitude for unreviewed action or decision
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
TTX Company is a leading provider of railcars and related freight car management services to the North American rail industry. Recently recognized as a Top 35 Chicagoland midsize employer, TTX offers a unique mix of careers in the rail industry, combining sophisticated market intelligence and logistics management services with heavy equipment maintenance and repair. We look for talented people who are excited about bringing their ideas and energy to sustaining the long-term value of a seasoned, well regarded company.