Logistics Planning/Management, Material Handling Operations
4 Year Degree
Stadler Rail Group is a Swiss-based passenger railcar manufacturer and service provider with a US manufacturing site in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and commuter trains, light-rail, subways, streetcars and mountain rail. Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada.
We are looking to fill the following position in our Salt Lake City facility.
Logistics Materials Scheduler (International)
As a material scheduler your primary duties will be to facilitate the on-time delivery of goods from our suppliers to our warehouse and production facilities:
· Ensure all material items on orders are delivered on-time from our suppliers to our warehouse and production facilities.
· Proactively monitor status of orders and resolve any issues preventing them from arriving on-time and to the correct location.
· Help maintain delivery schedules agreed upon by Stadler, our suppliers, and our shippers by being a liaison between all parties.
· Maintain and correctly update various lists pertaining to the tracking of our orders (in particular missing or late orders as well as those with incorrect material).
· Politely and professionally build and nurture positive relationships with our suppliers and shippers to promote advantageous future business.
· Act as common link and point of contact between our departments of procurement, production and logistics, and our suppliers.
· Manage the flow of goods to our facilities by paying extra attention to order contents, sizes, and place of origin.
· Work closely with production logistics to follow assembly schedule and have the ability to adjust to changes as well as determine lead times.
· Facilitate import and export operations in cooperation with freight forwarder
· Evaluate and shape logistics procedures as the company and logistics volume grows
· Act as a logistics all-rounder who does hands-on logistics tasks too
Review procedures, such as distribution or inventory management, to ensure maximum efficiency or minimum cost.
Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
· Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes
Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
· University/college experience required. BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Business, Communications or related field preferred
· 4 years of experience in supply chain management or similar position
· Above-average verbal and written communication skills
· Fluent in German highly preferred
· Passionate and thoughtful problem-solver (see key competencies)
· Excellent computer skills (INFOR or other ERP System, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Ability to stay organized and proactively solve bottleneck issues before they occur
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
What we offer We offer an interesting and challenging position in an international, success oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation, 401K program are some of the benefits Stadler offers.
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems. Stadler has multiple contracts to delivering passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada.