This position is responsible for establishing multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of all Raw Materials and Packaging Components used in a Food Manufacturing operation.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Perform all raw material and packaging material planning functions within budgeted costs and according to Just-In-Time production concept
- Supply local and overseas raw materials and packaging according to sales forecast / RM/PKG inventory / production planning / warehouse capacity / events in order to assure the daily needs of the operation are met.
- Develops and executes effective bidding, negotiation, and pricing strategies to provide RDJ with the best value in the market place for the dollars spent, operating in a manner that meets the policies, ethical standards and audit requirements of the company.
- Arrange, plan and finalize all activities related to factory reception schedules for all inbound raw materials and packaging. Maintains schedule and reacts to issues to protect fill rate
- Utilize Continuous Improvement techniques to ensure the highest service level, lowest inventory carrying cost, and maximized run efficiencies using advanced analytic skills.
- Personally accountable for performing inventory of raw ingredients, packaging and finished goods
- Exercises ample expertise and flexibility to procure all emergency requirements in co-operation with requisitioning departments in the organization to ensure project completion.
-Reconciles variances between Purchase Orders and Invoices (Price, Quantity, F.O.B. point, Terms of Payment)
-Reviews Trade Bulletins, conducts interviews, and visits suppliers.
-Conducts in co-operation with the Quality Department, audits of applicable suppliers.
-Maintain vendor file, purchase price, price fluctuations and quality records.
-Work on projects, reports and contribute to various studies as required
-Resolve material claims with vendors.
-Train other employees as required.
-Perform other duties as designated.
As a qualified candidate, you meet the following requirements:
- Procurement experience in the Food Industry - Post secondary education in Supply Chain, or related field - CSCMP designation preferred - Approximately 3 years of experience in JIT production planning, operations planning, and inventory management.
Job Type: Full-time
food industry: 3 years
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiable based on skill set and experience.
RDJ Bakeries Ltd is a manufacturer of premium quality gourmet crackers for the private label and contract market. Presently we're manufacturing for customers in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico and United States. Located approximately 45 minutes West of Toronto in Cambridge Ontario.